industry awards to recognise the 10 best businesses in construction as voted by
the sector’s role models were announced yesterday, on the first day of UK
Construction Week (8 October 2019).
Construction Awards celebrate innovation and excellence among a range of
large and small contractors, architects, clients, suppliers and manufacturers
serving the industry. The winners were announced by architect George Clarke at
the UK’s largest construction event which is now in its fifth year.
10 winners were:
- Contractor of 2019 – Sir Robert McAlpine
- Construction Client of 2019 – Scape Group
- Architectural Practice of 2019 – Grimshaw Architects
- House Builder of 2019 – Swan Housing
- Construction Supplier of 2019 – Ward
- Construction Project of 2019 – Royal Opera House
- Construction Employer of 2019 – Aylaa Exclusive
- Digital Pioneer 2019 – Atkins
- Modern Methods of Construction Pioneer 2019 – Mace
- Product Innovation Award 2019 – Laing O’Rourke for its D-Frame demountable building system
Garnett, event director at UK Construction Week, said:
have wanted to host these awards for some time, but this year it was made
possible by our industry Role Models who gave
us their very honest and forthright views on who should receive these
businesses chosen as winners from a shortlist of more than 60 companies have
convinced the toughest of judges – the people who are part of their delivery
partners or supply chains, and the people who are inspiring others to join the
it is great to be able to recognise the excellence we see all around us in this
sector, and the businesses who are forging ahead on innovation despite the
climate of uncertainty that is affecting construction so badly. They are
beacons of light for the whole sector.”
UKCW Role Model of the Year award, a separate celebration, is happening at the
show today (9 October).
is one event with many sections, including Build sponsored
by Easy-Trim, Building Tech, Civils, Energy
and HVAC, Surface
and Materials, and Timber. It also features Concrete Expo (8-9 October
only) and Grand Designs Live (9-10 October only). Single registration gives
free access to all areas of the show.
minute tickets are still available via the website www.ukconstructionweek.com.