If you’re going to start a construction project in the near future, you’ll want to take a look at the options that are available for making sure that your project goes as smoothly as possible. Apart from hiring the best construction companies around, you also need to make sure that your project is safe, secure, and has all the needed safety features implemented.
Here are the five safety features you may consider in our next construction project:
- Centralized Monitoring Systems
Centralized monitoring systems involve using one or multiple screens to show everything that’s happening at a construction site. While it’s considered a modern way of monitoring construction workers, this practice has been used for quite some time now, and more and more people are shifting to automated or software systems.
Some people prefer to go with a centralized system, wherein you’ve got a large screen monitor showing you what’s happening; however, other people find this to be too much of a hassle. There are also other types of security systems that allow you to send out alerts if something’s amiss.
- Shipping Container Hoardings And Gantries
There are companies offering shipping container hoarding & gantries for the short- or long-term.
Here are the details about hoarding and gantry:
- Hoarding: It refers to a temporary structure erected around the construction perimeter, shielding it from view and preventing unauthorized access.
- Gantry: It pertains to an overhead structure, like a bridge, that supports equipment, like cameras, signals, or a crane.
- Closed Circuit Television Camera (CCTV)
Whether you’re building a home or a commercial building, one of the most common types of security systems used by construction companies is CCTV. You can get cameras fitted in walls, windows, and even on the exterior of buildings. This gives you the opportunity to see exactly what’s going on in your project. It’s especially useful for a construction project that involves working outdoors.
Take a look at the following tips when choosing CCTV:
- You’ll want to check that the CCTV can be connected to a live feed. This way, you can see exactly what’s happening right in front of you when an alarm is tripped.
- It’s especially important that the camera you choose can be connected to a camera feed that you can view as far away as possible, as being able to see the footage on your computer will help you monitor things real-time.
- You’ll also want to make sure that your chosen security system has the right kind of monitoring for your type of construction project. There are several different kinds of cameras, including bullet cameras and CCTV. Depending on what you’re building, you’ll have different requirements for the camera that you need.
- CCTV is a little more complicated, but is generally recommended for larger projects. If you have to choose between two different types of CCTV, choose one with a higher resolution and clearer picture, and one that has enough recording time so that you can watch longer footage.
- Construction Project Management Software
There are many different types of security measures available that it can be difficult to know what to choose for your construction project. You can choose from a variety of different types of alarms to alert you if your construction is breached, such as having a centralized construction project management software.
Construction management software refers to a set of project management tools used by construction companies to improve the planning, coordination, and management of a construction project. It can be a smartphone installed as a mobile app or PC installed, which is used by construction management professionals, such as remodelers, building owners, independent construction managers, builders, as well as specialty, commercial, and general contractors.
You’ll also need to choose the right kind of alarm for your construction project to make it safe. This may be a security monitoring system, or it could be a battery-operated alarm that’s designed to sound off when something gets out of line. There are also wireless alarms that you can buy and install, which won’t cost you much.
If you need a company to install the alarm for you, look for one that will provide you with the right kind of support after installation has been completed.
Once you know what safety features you’d want to include in your construction project, it’s very easy to find one that will meet your requirements and keep your staff and your equipment safe. Hoardings, gantries, CCTV, alarm, and construction project management software can help secure your project. Remember to consider security as a top priority, and choose the best security system for your construction project today.